October 23, 2013
Dr. Mantas Korsakas
Dr. Mantas Korsakas has helped so many of the people I love that I just have to share his information with all of you. If you are suffering from neck, back, spine, shoulder or arm pain, or if you have had joint replacement or have issues with balance, coordination or need pre/post surgical care, then Dr. Korsakas is the man you want to see. He is one of the top in his field and is right on point when it comes to knowing what is ailing you. He will get right to the source of your pain and will take the time out to explain exactly what’s causing it and what are the steps to take in order to recover and get back to your old self again. With comfortable surroundings Dr. Korsakas makes you feel like an individual and not just another patient on the table. He has a welcoming staff and all the cutting edge equipment to get you on your way to a healthier you. Give him a call today and tell him GT sent you. Love the life you are living and always stay positive, because a strong body can only be strong with a strong mind! The body achieves what the mind believes…. GT Strong always.
September 3, 2013
Top ‘Don’ts’ of Working Out
Fitness, weight control and workouts are gaining a lot of popularity and many people today are seeking training sessions and hiring personal trainers to maintain their fitness level and health. In their haste of losing a lot of weight and improving their appearance, many people throw caution to the wind and use techniques which result in more harm than good. Here is list of things that must be avoided when working out:
To lose considerable weight in a short time, athletes come up with such strategies that may cause weight loss, but result in other complicated health conditions. In addition to other things, what causes the most trouble during tough workout schedules is excess dehydration. To avoid problems like cramps and the like, it is extremely crucial to consume sufficient amounts of water and keep your body adequately hydrated.
Training Too Hard
While it is good to work on improving your stamina and threshold level, doing so by damaging your muscles and tissues by overtraining is not recommended. Overtraining can cause problems like pain, fatigue, nausea, weight loss, etc. It may also lead to depression and lack of motivation. The trick is to know your limits and improve gradually instead of trying to achieve a lot in a short time.
Use of Steroids
Use of steroids is common among athletes today; however, using them is strictly not recommended because of the number and nature of complications they cause. Some of the symptoms include acne, appearance of reddish spots on the skin, balding, and nausea to name a few.
Excess Use of Relaxants
Using relaxants after working out can result in severe health conditions which must be avoided in order to maintain good health. Even the herbal varieties of such supplements are said to cause equally severe problems. Some of the most common problems caused by the use of relaxants among athletes include abnormal heart and liver function.
Not Stretching Enough
In order to prevent injuries during workout sessions and competitions, it is essential to stretch out the body at regular intervals. Ambitious athletes miss this simple step which can help them to improve the level of their flexibility and enhance their performance.
It is crucial to practice and maintain a perfect posture for workouts as any hasty movements and a bad posture can result in severe damage to ligaments and tendons. Your personal trainer can guide you to maintain a posture which complements your workout routine and prevents damage to lower back and muscles.
In addition to all these issues, aspiring athletes must avoid the use of stimulants which are gaining rapid popularity today. Such stimulants may seem to enhance performance levels and stamina today; however, in the long run, they cause many health issues which hinder the performance and generally affect the body in a negative way.
August 29, 2013
Tried and Tested Fitness Tips
Following is the list of the top tried and tested fitness tips that successful athletes, professional trainers, and coaches agree upon. Have a look at these to improve your style, performance and threshold level:
• It is very important to set a threshold level for yourself and gradually take it to a higher level. Many people get hurt because of their lack of awareness about their own potential. This is the reason why consulting a trainer and professional dietitian is recommended to most beginners.
• Exerting too much pressure on yourself can cause you a lot of pain which may come in way of your next day’s workout schedule. We do hear many people complaining about how tired they get after training or they number of meals they skip to lose weight. Such things have to be strictly avoided because of the negative way they influence your stamina and health.
• Athletes do need to keep a check over their intake of carbohydrates as they seriously influence weight gain. However, not each and every athlete needs to cut back on all the sources of carbohydrates from their diet. Maintaining a balance is really important when it comes to nutrients intake while undergoing an extensive training program.
• A very important thing that most athletes often ignore is to introduce some variety in their workout routines. A simple way to do so is alter the number of time you perform a single exercise so you may have time to incorporate another type of exercise in the allocated time. For instance have a yoga session in between weight lifting sessions so that you do not get bored with the repetitive nature of the task.
• Another thing that really helps is to make a sense of what you are doing. Don’t just keep on repeating the process because you have to; ask yourself the reason behind all the effort you are putting into the process. This will help you to increase your motivational level and set you on the right track.
• To achieve considerable results you do need to have a supplemented diet unlike many other athletes. While many of these supplements have numerous side effects so they are best avoided, using natural supplements can ensure improved results. What needs to be understood here is that the supplements should never be taken as a replacement to your real diet.
• Apart from all the physical effort you put into maintaining those muscles, you also need to have a level of internal motivation which keeps you going. Set achievable goals and picture yourself at the top. Keep a company of others having similar interests to your morale boosted!
With all this extensive training and working out, it is extremely important to allow your body to have considerable rest so it may recover from all the tension and pressure it goes through!
August 27, 2013
How to developing a Fit Strong Body
Like most other sports accomplished your goal to achieve a fit strong body requires a lot of focused effort, hard work and a great regard for healthy diets that complement the workout routine. Many people get into fitness to improve their body shapes but there are others who are really dedicated to the activity as a sport. Because of the extensive nature, it requires proper training; lack of having a trained instructor can lead to severe consequences that can result in more harm than good. For beginners and even experienced fitness enthusiasts it is highly recommended to have a qualified trainer to show you the ropes of the sport that demands more stamina than any other sport.
Here how to improve your strength ,muscles and stamina without compromising on their health.
Step # 1
In addition to an extensive work out routine, aspirants who wish to enhance their appearance need to focus on their diets. Even without an exhaustive workout routine anything that you eat has a profound effect on your health. This affect increases substantially when combined with a tough workout routine. You need to pay careful consideration to your diet and consume more proteins in addition to a generally balanced diet. Apart from having an expert trainer, you should also consult a professional nutritionist to guide you about a suitable diet that complements your schedule.
Step # 2
Using the right equipment designed for various types of exercises is extremely important. Buying all of the equipment yourself and using them without any guidance is really not an option due to multiple reasons. The most obvious one being the high cost of these machines and equipment. The other more important reason is that using all that equipment requires specialized training that can be readily available at a gym. Due to the increasing trend of getting fit and exercise, many of the gyms hire professional trainers to guide the aspirants.
Step # 3
It is recommended that you join a group of fitness enthusiasts as it will help you to enjoy the company of other individuals who share your interest which will do wonders to your pump up your motivation. Apart from boosting up your morale, these groups can also help individuals to access tried and tested tips and advices which may help you to train better. By joining such a group you can be informed about a lot of new work out techniques that you would otherwise never know. This interest group can either be online or community based.
Step # 4
To improve your progress you must keep a chart to record your performance for each day. Some important things that you should keep a track of include; number of time you exercise, weight lost or gained, muscle gained etc. Apart from taking written notes, another effective way to observe your performance is to take pictures of yourself and compare them from time to time.
The best strategy to accomplish your goals is to set down milestones that can be achieved with effort and time. Try not to set impossible goals so as to not put yourself under a lot of pressure. Train hard, eat right and keep your focus on the task at hand!